Learn some tips on how to make better quality webcam videos, without spending any money!
- No handhelds! Use a stationary laptop or prop up your phone to take a steady video of yourself.
- No windows or lights behind you—the light coming from behind you will darken the foreground, and your face won’t be visible.
- Try adding more light that shines on YOU and not the camera. The more light that shines on you, the more visible you become.
- Improve your background… Move the laundry basket, what’s on the wall? A cluttered background can direct attention away from the presenter and to the clutter.
- Keep your camera at eye level. This gives the most natural effect.
- Look directly into the camera, not at the screen; looking directly in the camera will give the audience the sense that you are talking directly to them.
- Practice a few times, so you don’t have to look down to read.