last updated 4 August 2021.
New to Rutgers Canvas in 2020, the Shout-Out tool is designed to let students share an audio clip and/or a written phonetic spelling of their name with their instructor. This is entirely optional. If you don’t see the Shout-Out tool in your course site, ask the professor to enable it.
- Click Shout-Out from the left-hand course menu
- Click Record to make a short audio recording of your name
- Type the phonetic spelling of your name in the appropriate box
- Select the “authorize” check box to share with instructor
- Finally, click Save button