Student tech support: Camden IT
Almost all your Rutgers courses will offer a Canvas site from which the professor can share announcements, documents, assignments, and more.
- Set notification preferences
- Submit an Assignment in Canvas
- Post & Reply in a Discussion in Canvas
- Access Zoom meetings & recordings through Canvas
- Sign up for an appointment in the Canvas Calendar
- Collaboration: view and/or edit a document shared in Office 365
- Shout-Out: Record & share the pronunciation of your name
Kaltura gives you a screen and webcam recording tool for Windows or Mac, plus a streaming video server (like YouTube, but just for Rutgers) where you can store and share your videos.
If your professor asks you to use VoiceThread in your Canvas course site:
- For best results, use a desktop computer or laptop and Google Chrome as your web browser.
- Create and share a VoiceThread
- Adding a Slide to a VoiceThread
- Adding an Audio Comment to a VoiceThread
- More VoiceThread video tutorials
- Webcam Recording Tips: put your best face forward!
LinkedIn Learning Tips
- LinkedIn Learning Access and Certificates: find how-to videos and full courses in many topics, including technology, business, and creative processes. Examples include: editing video, Microsoft Word tips, graphic design layout, writing articles, test prep for GRE, and much, much more.
Software Available to Rutgers Students
More software may be available, but here are links to some useful tools. The Student Tech Guide should offer a complete list. Remember that all your technology support comes from Rutgers Office of Information Technology. In Camden, visit the help desk in Robeson Library, call 856-225-6274, or email email@example.com.
- Log into Rutgers Software Portal for free and discounted software for students, including:
- Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and more: Info
- Microsoft Visio to “create detailed flowcharts, complete with shapes and connectors, text, pictures, and tables”: Getting started
- Adobe Creative Suite, including PhotoShop, Premiere, Illustrator, Acrobat, and more: Info
- Adobe Stock for royalty-free use of professional photos and images: Info